Vinton Feeds the World 2016
Post date: Sep 5, 2016 4:12:54 AM
Sunday, September 11th
1p.m. or 3 p.m.
If you would like to participate, please contact email@example.com or sign up at http://signup.com/go/9E8wFj
This is a food packaging event in Vinton, Iowa. The goal is to package 50,000 meals. Half of the meals will stay in Benton County to be distributed by HACAP in Hiawatha, Iowa. The remainder will be distributed internationally by Outreach, Inc. wherever the need is greatest.
Domestic meals are .25/each. International meals are .30/each.
You can donate money to help purchase the meals or you can help the day of the event. There are many different jobs to be done such as set up, clean up, food runner and food packager.
Our goal is to get at least one table of Ryan employees and their family members. This is a great family event even the kids will like.
The Volunteer Form is attached. It can be returned to Marta Bauer.
If you would like to donate money towards the event, make a check out to Bethlehem Lutheran Church and send to Marta Bauer or you can donate online at bethlehemvinton.org.
We currently have collected enough for 44,420 meals.
Some facts about hunger:
· More people die each year from hunger than from AIDS, malaria and tuberculosis combined.
· 1 in 7 Americans struggles to get enough to eat. In fact, hunger or food insecurity exists in virtually every community in the United States.
· 40% of the people using services at our local food bank in Hiawatha, Iowa are veterans and their families. That is double the national average.
· According to the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), 15.3 million children under 18 in the United States live in households where they are unable to consistently access enough nutritious food necessary for a healthy life.
· Outside the U.S., many people suffer from hunger and poverty. Nearly 1.2 billion people in developing countries live in extreme poverty, living on less than $1.25 a day.
· Most Americans (51.4 percent) will live in poverty at some point before age 65.
Please consider supporting this Outreach effort.
For more information, you can contact Marta Bauer.
Senior Consultant, Ryan Software
3925 Fountains Blvd NE
Cedar Rapids, IA 52411
319.382.3000 Ext. 78-5814